IV Antioxidants involves administration of nutrients intravenously to achieve serum concentrations not obtainable with oral or intramuscular administration. There are different nutrients administered intravenously to cure a number of conditions.
Low energy or fatigue is one of the most common complaints reported by patients. A popular IV is the Myer’s cocktail; an intravenous vitamin and mineral protocol developed by Dr. John Myers at Johns Hopkins University. When nutrients are injected intravenously, the problematic digestive tract is bypassed.
Levels in the blood stream temporarily rise so that the nutrients are absorbed into the cells. These are short IVs (5 to 30 minutes in duration) that provide high serum levels of nutrients such as C and B vitamins and magnesium.
These IVs have a long track record of helping people with low energy as well as chronic fatigue syndrome. They have also been found useful in the treatment of asthma, migraine, upper respiratory infections, muscle spasms and many other conditions.
Carnitine is a nutrient that helps the body turn fat into energy. It is produced by the body in the liver and kidneys and stored in the skeletal muscles, heart, brain, and sperm.
Usually, the body can make all the carnitine it needs. Some people, however, may be deficient in carnitine because their bodies cannot make enough carnitine or transport it into tissues so it can be used.
Carnitine has been proposed as a treatment for many conditions because it helps reduce oxidative stress. IV Carnitine Therapy helps in curing some heart conditions, kidney conditions, diabetic neuropathy, male infertility etc.
Intravenous administration of Phosphatidylcholine (PC) is one of the most groundbreaking therapies now available. PC supports positive outcomes of patients with states of toxicity and neurological disorders. PC makes blood less viscous thus making it flow easier. Clots form less readily and any clot that does form dissolves more rapidly.
The administration of Phosphatidylcholine through IV is clinically effective in reaching the systemic nature of neurotoxic and toxic syndromes such as heavy metal burdens(Lead, Mercury etc.,) microbial infections, chronic fatigue syndrome, Fibromyalgia, mood disorders, Hyper coagulation, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, Cardiovascular Disease, Hepatitis C etc.
Intravenous Vitamin C is used as an effective natural cancer therapy that has cytotoxic effects to tumor cells. It is also an excellent therapy for immune enhancement for those who suffer from frequent colds and flues. Several leading oncology units in North America now use intravenous vitamin C as a treatment option. We use IV Vitamin C for almost all of our Cancer / Cardiac patients because of the following benefits:
- Prolongs survival.
- Increases quality of life.
- Reduces cancer cell survival and does not affect normal cell lines
- Works synergistically with conventional chemotherapy and radiation and reduces the side-effects of those treatments
L – Arginine
L Arginine is an anti-oxidant and when administered intravenously helps in:
- The treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease
- Curing Male infertility
- Treating Kidney disease
- Accelerates wound healing
- Curing Erectile dysfunction
- Treating Migraine
- Treating Liver diseases
Glutathione is a potent water soluble antioxidant that quenches dangerous free radicals. It is a major antioxidant produced by the cell and it is responsible for carrying out the following vitally important functions:
- It neutralizes damaging free radicals and peroxide molecules and recharges oxidized vitamin C so that the body can reuse it
- It is an important detoxifying agent, enabling the body to get rid of unwanted toxins and pollutants. It forms a soluble compound with the toxin that can then be excreted through the urine or the gut. The liver and Kidneys contain high levels of glutathione as they have the greatest exposure to toxins.
- It is required to carry out an immune response. It is needed for the lymphocytes to multiply in order to develop a strong immune response, and for “killer” lymphocytes to be able to kill unwanted cells such as cancer cells or virally infected cells.Glutathione depletion leads to cell death and has been documented in many degenerative conditions.Glutathione is depleted by oxidative stressors that includes ultraviolet and other radiation, viral infections, environmental toxins, household chemicals and heavy metals; surgery, inflammation, burns and septic shockWhich conditions may benefit from IV glutathione treatment?
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Chronic Fatigue
- Short Term Memory Loss
- Athletic performance enhancement
- Liver diseases (hepatitis, fatty liver, cirrhosis)
Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA)
Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) is a potent antioxidant that could prevent healthy cells from getting damaged by free radicals and has proved to be many times more potent than vitamin C and E.
ALA is both water and fat soluble, hence it is able to scavenge wayward free-radical cells than most antioxidants, the majority of which tend to dissolve in either fat or water but not both. It also dramatically improves the action of other antioxidants, such as vitamins E and C, glutathione and CoQ10. It’s also clear — based on a lot of research — that ALA enables the body to utilize insulin efficiently – the ALA pioneer – nature’s Rx – physician Dr Burt Berkson-Mexico
Which conditions may benefit from IV Alpha-lipoic acid treatment?
- Amyotropic lateral sclerosis
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Endothelial dysfunction
- Oxidative stress